Friday, January 16, 2015

LBD: Lovely in Lace

The LBD. No, it isn't scandalous slang used on Craigslist. Oh, you knew that? I wont mention how long it took me to figure out what LBD (little black dress) meant the first time I saw it. I'm actually a little embarrassed about it.

Anyway, I have recently rediscovered the beauty of a dress! The blacker the better. Seriously though, I had taken a dress hiatus for a few years because for a while it was skirt day every day and one of those days I tripped and somehow caught my heel on my skirt pulling it down in front of the entire college campus. Who. Does. That? Ohhh the shame is real in this post! I have to stop before I have to go to a therapist.

Today's version is a sweet little sweater dress (size 24) by Jessica Simpson that I wear to the office often. I'll mix it up with optional tights, scarves and belts. I left those out today so you could see the details on the dress. As you can see, it hits me right about at my knees, so if you're tall- be careful, it could get extra sassy. The natural waist is fantastic, but be-warned apple shaped girls, it cuts in quite a bit so if you carry weight in the middle, you may want to size up. The lace detail on the shoulders, neckline and back is a nice addition... of course I love it, its black and lace. It is thick, so quite warm for Fall and Winter months. It is on sale right now, and also comes in red! Links below.


No comments:

Post a Comment