Thursday, February 4, 2016

To Flatter

 Lets talk about plus size outfits and flattery. I was out for brunch this weekend (and all around debauchery) so I wanted to be comfortable and in leggings for when I had 17 carafes of mimosas and chicken and waffles.

I picked up this outfit at Torrid this weekend. I didnt try on because I know how their sizing fits on my body, but I almost wish I would have. This tunic is definitely cute, but I may have wanted to try it on in a 4 and I'll tell you why. Do you see how the neckline cuts the girls almost in half? One size up may have fixed that and it may have given me a lower waistline- empire on me is not ideal since my smallest part is my natural waist and not right under the girls. A 4 also would have made the already too long sleeves even longer so I stuck with a 3 and have tried different ways of pulling the top together. Its a bit of an unflattering cut all around but the ease and comfort was worth it. I obviously cant wear this to work since I'm in a professional position, so for the weekends and running errands, it works perfectly fine.



The leggings are also from Torrid. They are the leggings with the "leather look" stripe down the side. I'm not terribly impressed with these, though they are a little more fun than my plain black leggings. These seem to be a bit thinner and I'm very concerned about how the "leather" is going to hold up. If you can catch these on sale, they may be worth picking up, but I wouldnt recommend full price.

As plus size women, we are always told to pick the most flattering fit so that we look as thin as possible. Here you can see my round tummy and how thick my thighs are and I'm totally okay with that. I am fat- the world can see that. Just because I spend time in the mirror convincing myself that an outfit makes me look thinner doesnt mean it is true. At a certain point, you have to come to terms with your body being okay just how it is. People will still see that youre plus sized, but more importantly they will see that youre happy with yourself and they will follow suit.

Sunglasses are my favorite pick from my Torrid haul this weekend. I paid right around $15 for them and they make me feel like a rockstar. I'm going to have to be extra careful with them because they are a little fragile feeling, which seems to be a trend lately with Torrid- but I digress. I wrote a whole breakup letter to Torrid previously but its like a bad ex boyfriend that keeps calling me up to come see him every 6 months. The dates are expensive, you only kind of get to enjoy them for a little while, but hes the only one in a 160 mile radius where you can go see him in person.

The clutch was a thrift find, but its Neiman Marcus and I love, love, love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment