Thursday, January 28, 2016

2016 Trends

I really dont feel like I'm old enough for fashion trends to be cycling as fast as they are. What happened to my youth!? We are starting to pull from quite a few decades now, 70s are sticking around but we have started to add in some 90s and 00s and for that I'm trying to fight the urge to buy a fanny pack. Y'all- it would border on just me the sad, awkward tourist in a fanny pack instead of the cool teen wearing it ironically. "Please ma'am, the tourist buses pick up for the zoo over there- you're making our restaurant look bad." I can get on that plaid and lingerie inspired boat though!

70s:
I really hope that this decade stays around for a while in fashion. Fringe is just what I'm here for! Try a fringe tee with some shorts for the summer and a suede accent in the fall. Also- wide leg pants! Yessssss.
Fringe Benefits



Victorian:
My favorite styles to mix are sweet and edgy. Victorian vibes give me the chance to pair that pretty little ruffle blouse with a leather jacket or a sheer pussy bow top with those ultra distressed jeans.
The Victorian




Read more for the complete list



Net:
You know I'm a lace girl, so netting is just right up the block for me. Think of it as lace's punk cousin that gets her into all the cool NY bars. Try it as a tunic over a crop top and high waist pants or as a tank over your suit this Summer. I havent seen any net peices in plus yet, so I couldnt make an outfit lay for it- but wait for it!! I have a feeling once it gets warmer we will see more.

Lingerie:
Remember Kim K in like '07 with those satin camisoles on the red carpet? Take that and bring it into the future 9 years. I'm going with the lace route this time. Try a dress with a bit of a corset top under a blazer or a lingerie inspired body suit with jeans and heels for a night out.
Black White & Gold Chic



Plaid:
For our third decade this post- the 90s. Grunge has been trying to make its comeback for a little while now, but you can take this plaid and use it in other ways. Try a window-pane plaid in a classic cut coat for a classier look or a larger plaid print in a fabric other than flannel for a skirt.
Casual Pop






No comments:

Post a Comment