Thursday, May 12, 2016

Retro Fabulous


Before I get into the personal catch up portion of this post, let's get the good stuff out of the way! This. Mother Lovin' tunic!!

Asos consistently blows my mind. Like, quantum physics seems like an obtainable concept to grasp when I compare the two. The price point, the level of style and the quality are all exactly where I need them and I'm pretty hard to please from what I hear. Looking at you ex boyfriends.  If you're not on the boat, get on. You'll be happy. Just get on a smaller size boat than youd usually get on because they run big. (I'm not even mad about that) 

For casual days I am all for a great tunic and leggings. Seriously, if I don't have to wear real pants I just won't. The key to not looking like I don't like real pants is to balance them with something a little more chic. Heels and the belt really kicked the look up another notch. It took it from retro boho (the tunic is rather flowy and open in the front) to pulled together real quick.

Sizes:
Tunic: 24 at asos
Leggings: 3 at torrid

Now, on to the personal side...

I know, I know... It's been a whiiiillllle. Let's catch up! I'm finally getting into the swing of things in the new job. The complete field change has been incredibly challenging. I manage a location of a corporate dental chain and let me tell you, the last two months have been a wild ride!

My birthday came to pass and I was sick (the flu, for real), but my friend really made it special by making sure I still had dinner and drinks. Let me tell you, the birthday outfit was also sick... I plan on doing a re-boot of it now that I can actually take pictures without snot running down my face. Hot mental picture, no?

Mothers Day is also here which is usually a pretty rough time for me. I have an incredible step mother that I wouldn't trade for the world, but I lost my real mother when I was very young to cancer. The point is, with all the changes and with all the weird emotions flying around lately I've had to work extra hard to keep my head up.
I wanted to remind you (and myself) that strong people aren't strong because nothing ever gets them down. It was mentioned to me the other night that it appeared I had a perfect life and hey, I have food on my table and a drink on the bar regularly so it ain't all that bad... But it certainly isn't perfect. I struggle with life issues just like the rest of the world. I get through them by realizing that I hold the power to get back up just like I've done before. Each time it gets a little easier.

Enough of that, but if you would like a post about how I deal with the loss of a parent or about struggling with depression I am happy to oblige. Let me know!

TL;DR: My life has been a mess, but I'm gonna Lemonade my way out of it. (that's a Beyonce reference.)

No comments:

Post a Comment