Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Red, White & Blog



If you can get over the fact this is a selfie and my laptop cord is making an appearance, this is a pretty great little outfit. Listen, nobody said blog life was easy... sometimes you're feeling a selfie as you run out the door for work. Why do I not have a professional photographer with me at all times!?

Every part of this outfit has a story I love so it makes me happy just wearing it. I think thats an important part of style and why I love it so much. Every piece creates a story that makes up who you are and who you get to present to the world.

The skirt (size 24): When I was in NYC recently, I stopped by Hey Gorgeous NY for a styling session. Veronica and I met Ashby there where she had racks pulled in our sizes with items she thought we would like. We had the best time! She picked out this skirt for me and I was instantly in love. It is a Modamix skirt and Modamix is probably my fav brand quality/style wise (Sorry Asos, they just have you beat by a bit on quality). Originally about $100, I picked this skirt up for about $40. They even shipped it to me for free because I didnt save room in my luggage for shopping- I wasnt thinking.. too busy over-packing.


Quick tip for Hey Gorgeous NY: There is a good balance of high and mid range items. You dont have to worry about quality though. High priced items are very worth it and the mid-range wont have any quality issues like you might with other brands (ahem, Torrid).

The top (size 3): Also when I was in NYC I stopped by the Fashion 2 Figure spot. I found them pretty early on in their development so seeing how much they have grown and who works for/with them was kind of a sweet moment. I cant help but be that weird young girl that has super strong motherly instincts. I had mom jeans and a mullet in like 3rd grade. I get proud and weepy over things I've watched grow. Anyway, I picked up two tops there, both white and sheer (I have a type, okay!?). This one is definitely my favorite. I do have a nude tank under because on its own it is not work appropriate... unless your work is way cooler than mine. In that case, sheer it up! It is a touch small in the tummy so I usually wear it tucked like this. Its. so. soft!

Quick tip for F2F: Buy on sale. They have raised prices since the beginning quite a bit it feels like but quality has only marginally improved on most items. You're paying for trend with this company.

The shoes and clutch are thrift finds, but high end thrift. Via Spiga shoes (invest- seriously!) and a Neimans clutch. Veronica and I make sure to hit up the thrift stores for finds exactly like these. Why pay $400 when you can pay $40 for the same quality?

No comments:

Post a Comment