Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Fall For Maxi


Im going to start this off with, I know some of these dresses look atrocious- like (and sorry, Granny, for calling you out) the moo moos my Granny used to wear could have been in this line up if you just laid them flat. I promise they look much better on a body! A lot of them will even look even better on a fuller body than the model has. I also promise that if you put one on you wont age 60 years and start asking people to give you "some sugars". The southerners may be the only ones that laugh at that- but its because real old people always ask for "some sugars" when they want hugs and kisses. Maybe it was just my Granny...

Links after the jump>>>>>



Anyway! I'm actually glad I got off on a little tangent there because I havent been doing much actual blogging lately and I'll tell you why. I was recently laid off from my firm- we were bankruptcy- when the market is good ours is not. The partners both have families and I was always very clear with them that if it came down to it they needed to provide for their families and not me. That time came and I've been off work about 3 weeks now. All is not lost, my great sister works for one of the best placement agencies around so I met with them the week I lost my job and I have an interview with a great new place tomorrow that fits my skill set very well. All that to say sorry I've been cut and dry lately, I just tie a lot of my identity into my jobs as a general rule so losing one makes me have to find my way back to my true self.

Back to the dresses! I bought a Utility Maxi dress from Asos- the navy one you've seen- and it looked very ...um, homeless... on the model. I was like, hey for $25 give it a try! I did, and my curves gave it the shape it needed. Its one of my favorites now. Taking a maxi into the Fall usually isnt hard if its the right kind- and by right kind I mean look at the material and pattern. Bright florals and lightweight fabrics should probably stay in Spring/Summer but darker patterns and fabrics that can be layered work perfectly for Fall. Add a scarf, cozy sweater or a cute floppy felt hat and youre so fallin' chic you wont know what to do with yoursef.

tl;dr | the dresses look ugly on paper but give your body a chance to make them beautiful!


Berry | Sheer Multi- Color | Black & White | Orange & Yellow Floral | Berry Tie Front | Jade Floral | Black Floral

No comments:

Post a Comment