Monday, January 11, 2016

Jumpsuit Casual


You know the days where going out in your pajamas sounds like the best plan but you've ripped a hole into your last pair of polka dot jammies and cant commit to showing the world your bum yet? This is a good alternative. It feels like pajamas but looks like you tried...and your bum is covered.

You've seen variations of some of these pieces over the last couple weeks- and this is the final. I'll tell you, this was my starter outfit for the day before I had to change three times and mix and match. It is easy, comfortable and still pretty fashion forward. Veronica snapped this picture real quick on the way back from lunch because I wanted you to see that you can wear a jumpsuit at a size 24/26. 

Seriously, if anyone tells you that you cant wear a jumpsuit, punch them in the throat and then steal theirs. I'm kidding- no violence. Just go buy one that fits how you like and wear it anyway. They will feel like they got punched in the throat and you wont go to jail. Everyone wins. 

Jumpsuit tips: 
-If you are largest in your butt/hips: find a wide opening top and a stretchy waist. Remember its going to have to get up past that middle before you can do anything good up top. 
- If you are largest up top, a good halter or V-neck can keep the girls wrangled and bring the eyes up.
- If youre tummy is largest: find a cut with a high waist and some give in the middle, maybe even with wide legs. Wide legs will carry the eyes down making you look taller and evening out the shape.

Sizing and brands after the jump.


Everything is sold out that I'm wearing here, but the jumpusuit is an Asos Curve size 24, Kimono is a Torrid 0/1 (It was the only one left and it totally works for what I needed so I bought it in a size I dont usually wear. Scarf was a Dia gift when I was in NYC and the shoes (my all time favs) are from Lane Bryant in a size 8. 



No comments:

Post a Comment