Monday, January 4, 2016

Glam Bam Thank You Ma'am



This is it! It has been one full year since I started blogging and I celebrated by wobbling along some train tracks in heels- which was much harder than I originally anticipated. Shout out to Veronica Bessey for the amazing pictures, and for keeping me on my feet instead of letting me go with my original idea of just rolling back down the hill in the mud. 

My very first post was about a MonifC crop top so I found it fitting that I celebrate my one year blogiversary with another MonifC piece. Remember the dress I drove to Houston for? Remember the dress I modeled for? Well, this is it in all its Beyonce-esque glory. I love literally every piece I own from MonifC. They make me feel like a goddess because each one is sexy and has a cool factor to it that I may or may not deserve. She is my ultimate fav in plus size designers and she was very kind to me when I toddled in front of her for a model experience I didnt know I was getting myself into. I'll be in NYC for CurvyCon this year and I have plans to hit up her shop and show my appreciation by spending money. 

Side tangent: it is incredibly important that you invest in pieces for yourself if there is a designer out there you love that may be a bit out of your price range. Starting a brand/boutique is incredibility difficult and often a pretty large financial burden so show your support as much and as often as you can by spending your money there (thats how the world works after all.) They cant pay their bills on hopes and dreams and next time you want to buy something, they may not be there.


I could write a song about this dress (and I promise that it wouldnt just be to work with Drake on the hook). The way it perfectly hangs while at rest, the way it catches the wind when you walk, It makes every entrance a diva entrance and that is something every girl should experience at least once. 

It is sold out now, her items tend to go fast so you have to really watch and jump when you find something you love. Occasionally she will bring something back- she did with my favorite crop top- so sometimes you can redeem yourself if you dont pick it up before it sells out. 

The quality of her items is always pretty good, and well worth the price tag. She generally doesn't have sales, so keep that in mind too. You are going to have to invest in a piece if its something you love. I've almost worn my little crop top out in the year that I've had it, so the cost per wear is pretty low at this point. (I think I paid $75 ish for it originally.) 


I picked the clutch up while I was at the MonifC event too- it is an Aldo bag though- which I didnt notice until later. Then it all made sense because I love that store. Quick tip: always check their clearance and the shoes run very narrow. I rarely buy shoes there since I have such wide feet, but the accessories are always worth a trip. 

The necklace was a gift from Veronica Bessey as well, and she said she thrifted it- the woman is a thrift genius.

Shoes are Lane Bryant- currently sold out. If you need a comfortable pair of heels though- LB is the way to go. They are generally set wide and they are solid heels. They always last the longest for me.

I'll just leave you with a few more pictures below.





No comments:

Post a Comment