Saturday, January 24, 2015

Affordable Personal Shoppers?

Link to the box: https://www.dia.co/r/cc3
It is time to talk about life changers. #1) Almond Joys #2) Comfortable heels #3) Personal shoppers. If you don't like Almond Joys we cant be friends then move personal shoppers up to number one. That is the only one we are going to discuss today anyway. It sounds expensive, doesn't it? A personal shopper. I feel famous just saying it. Well, quite a few months ago I saw GarnerStyle post on Facebook about a new beta testing opportunity for plus size ladies wanting to get into such a thing. Of course I tried it!

Here is how it works. It is a company called Dia&Co based out of California run by two ahhhmazing ladies named Lydia and Nadia. Seriously, Ive talked with them through the entire process and have only grown to love them more. You fill out your style profile, your sizes and what makes you ... you. They charge a card on file for $20 as a shopping fee then send you a box of clothes and a price list. Mine usually has 5 pieces in it. You have 5 days to pick what you like and send the rest back in a prepaid bag they send in your box. They then charge your card for only the items you kept. Best part? That $20 shopping fee then turns into a credit towards your purchase! You can do this every month, seasonally or only when you want to. I'm on the monthly plan... of course. I have no self control.

Is it worth the trouble? Absolutely. I am realllly bad about feeling the need for new things. Just something about putting on a new outfit makes me feel unstoppable and I want that unstoppable feeling all the time. Nobody better mention an intervention! This service takes that shopping need down about 17 notches. Out of the 5 things I get every month, I pick at least 1.  Usually 2 to stay with me. On average the total of all 5 items in my box are around $200. You can absolutely pick your price point as an option! This is a new feature and I honestly have no idea where I am set on the scale, but my items all seem very reasonable for what they are.

I feel like you need this in your life if you hate shopping for yourself, need to be forced out of your comfort zone into something you wouldnt usually pick out or just love new clothes. If you tell them I sent you, I will get a discount, but that is not at all why I'm telling you about this. Mention my name or don't, but if you are at all interested I say go for it! It truly will make your life easier.

In the five days I had this box, there was no sun outside or chances for me to take pictures of what items I got. Sorry! I really wanted to! I will do my very best to make this into a consistent part of the blogging rotation and hopefully the pictures will get better with time... and sunlight!
My sweet note that comes in the box.

Each item comes with styling tips

No comments:

Post a Comment