Thursday, January 1, 2015

Black and Sass: New Years Eve



For New Years Eve this year, we wanted to do a little something outside of our usual drink until you can't feel your face then drink some more routine. (See: Thanksgiving debacle 2012 in last post). Crying on stage and spraying bottles of champagne on strangers just isn't as appealing as it used to be. Our group is getting a little older and settling down so we decided to opt for a classier and safer option.

We had a wonderful steak dinner at Dakota's downtown then to a local bar for the countdown and I think this outfit worked the transition perfectly!

Full disclosure: we are working on our photography skills around here, so hopefully as we get more practice, I'll be able to provide better quality shots!

Now, here are the details:

Coat- I first saw CeCe (Plus Size Princess) wear this coat and fell in love. She is about half a foot taller than I am and shaped entirely differently so I'll have to get it tailored to get the fit I desire, but I wanted to share it with you here first. I got this in a size 24 and it fits well, with exception of the sleeves being a bit tight. I also plan on getting it shortened a bit. Best part? Its on super sale right now!


Shoes- Girls... Guys... Children... go buy these shoes. If you want a comfortable and transitional heel for a great price, buy these shoes and then write me a love letter because dang! I have a wide foot and I felt like I had plenty of room in these guys. Fit true to size and my feet didn't hurt until the very end of the night. You can buy them online, but I found them in my local store for less than half of the price online so of course I bought two!

Jumpsuit- Unfortunately between the time I bought this and the time I wore it, it has sold out online. Asos has plenty of options similar though so check it out for a dupe. I bought this in a size 24 and wore it with SPANX. I felt it was a bit short in the torso, but it could be that my booty was maxing out the space in the back, making it tug a bit in the front.



Lace crop top- It fits as expected. This is in a 3 (22/24) and fits as such. Not a lot of stretch, so take on and off with care!

No comments:

Post a Comment