Monday, January 19, 2015

Overalls? NOveralls.


There is word on the street that overalls are coming back. Asos has pages of options. Torrid has some (pictured). Ashley Stewart, Charlotte Russe, Nordys...City Chic... we just arent safe!

Guys... I just cant handle that news. Overalls were such a traumatic experience of my youth. They just don't fit my body type well. Big booty plus only 5'2''... it is a problem. Not to mention my PaPa (pronounced paw-paw.. yes, we were from East Texas) wore overalls every single day with his blue Dickies shirt, huge pocket of chewing tobacco and gold pocket watch. My uncle still occasionally wears them sans shirt in the hay field. I love those men something fierce, PaPa even used to let me have fashion shows for him, but that's about as high fashion as overalls will ever get.

I'm out on this trend. As a responsible adult, I have to be. I have to be the one to say no. I am perfectly fine with jumpsuits and rompers; I am in love with denim, but something happens when you combine the two.It is like Girl Scouts and cookies. You think the outcome is delicious, but really it is a whole bunch of young females battling each other Hunger Games style to sell the most cookies so they can win the biggest stuffed animal. Next thing you know, 10 years have passed and you look back at pictures and that big stuffed animal (overalls, in case Ive lost you here) just makes you look like the jerk that you are.

So what about you? Overalls or over it?

No comments:

Post a Comment