Friday, January 30, 2015

Work Outfits Under $100

Surely you saw my emphatic post on Facebook about the Lane Bryant sale. I posted a blouse and skirt perfect for work and they were $15.00 each. Yeah, you heard me. If you're not following me on Facebook, that is what you're missing! If you're not following me and have now realized you should be, click here.

Anyway, it inspired me to do a follow up to my Under $100 Party Outfit post. I spend most of my time dressing during the week getting ready to go to the office. I spend almost 2 hours every morning getting ready- crazy right? You're right. I'm insane, but I like to really savor the moment. I do a lot of wandering around the house, in fact most of it is spent wandering. You know, make a smoothie, take a bath, get the perfect wing on my liner, talk to the dog, sing and dance, forget why I went into the bathroom 5 times... its a process.

I digress (staying focused is a chore right now!). Moral of the story is that if I'm going to spend so much of my life at work (or getting ready for it), I want to look great without spending all the money I make on clothes for it. Keep in mind that at a lower price point, you wont be getting the same quality you would get if you bought a $300 suit. H&M and Target are where I picked from this time, and from what I have experienced they hold up fairly well for what you pay for them.

Both of these outfits work for a business casual office. Add a structured blazer to the top option and you have something that could work for a business professional environment. A casual office? Well, swap pants out with your favorite jeans and you're ready to go! (I do envy the lady that gets to wear jeans to work!)



Option One
 Scarf: Target | Pants: H&M | Top: H&M | Shoes: Target

Option Two
 Top: H&M | Pants: H&M | Cardigan: H&M | Shoes: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment