Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Style Sheet: Mean Jeans

The one item of clothing I hear most complaints about never being able to find in the perfect fit is (drum roll please) jeans. I'll be the first to tell you that the perfect pair is elusive, but jeans are like the Tinder of the pants world. There are a lot of choices and most of them wont work for you. Some shouldn't have even been born made, but if you search long enough you could find your soul mate.

As a short but big booty having girl the challenges seem overwhelming at times when searching. Can we talk about how I'd be about 3 sizes smaller if I wasn't carrying that thing behind me? I can hear you now, "oh but at least you have a butt!" Sure, it does have its perks, but with every big booty comes great responsibility. Namely: you've gotta cover that ish up. I've tried many jeans but here are my top 4 in style faves. 

If you're like me and you like a good skinnier fit option, I say go with the Torrid Stiletto Skinny. These wont break the bank, but you could walk in one and walk out with at least a little free money in these jeans. Seriously. They are stellar. They are more of a jegging so they will really stretch and hug all your lady lumps (or humps if you'd rather). They are also ankle length so they show off your killer shoes. I have both the short length, which hits my ankles, and then a regular length pair that fit more like a normal length pair of jeans would on me. I don't know what I'm going to do when the skinny jean fad fades and I have to give these up!



If you prefer a stiffer jean and want a more rigid bootcut option, try the Seven7 brand jeans at Lane Bryant. A bit more expensive than the Stiletto Skinnys, but you are getting a heavier denim. I rarely had to worry about them wearing out in the thighs (chub rub anyone?). You can easily dress these jeans up or down with a simple switch of the shoes. These jeans are not ideal for extra curvy girls because there is very little stretch. If your assets are distributed in places other than hips and booty, these jeans are worth giving a try. Size up or you may have to sacrifice some of your internal organs.  




Have you seen the boyfriend jean trend? Guys... the 90s are coming back! Oh, the nostalgia! Distressed and loose fitting, these jeans are perfect for casual days on the run. Alice & You at Asos has a perfect pair. They tend to run a bit large, so you could get away with sizing down in these. Best part of these jeans? Virtually any body type can pull them off with the right styling. For a chic and trendy look, I like a bit of a tighter fitting shirt and some heels. For a casual but super cool vibe, try something looser in a cool graphic print or grungy plaid.




Finally, my favorite for casual Friday at the office! The ole faithful Trouser Jean. When you think of Avenue, on point style really isn't the first thing that comes to mind so when I saw the jeans at first, I was intrigued. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised! These have a bit of a higher rise and are a material somewhere between the jegging and the heavy denim. They make various lengths and go up to a size 32! This particular pair has a great set of back pockets which is something you definitely want in a pair of trouser jeans. (Can we all agree that the slit pockets and weird faded spots on those early 2000s jeans should stay there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment