Saturday, February 14, 2015

Plus Size Fashion Haul

I have talked about this Lane Bryant sale for about nineteen weeks now. Okay, maybe two... but I bet it feels like forever to you! When I posted a picture on Instagram, lots of people had questions about each item, so I wanted to show you everything (links included) I bought plus some items I picked up with my Haute Cash from Torrid.

Here is everything spread all over my dining room table. I told the male we would have to get a bigger table so I could buy more things and he was not impressed with the idea. He probably also had something smart to say about how I wasn't tall enough to even reach the one we have now, but he didn't say it out loud.

First up, this bullet pendant from Torrid. It is hard to tell from the picture, but the white part is Gemstone.
From Torrid's site:
Oh, go ahead and bite the bullet. You deserve this long and edgy necklace. It's a simple silver tone chain that's a simple statement maker. A large crystal-inspired gemstone shaped like a bullet makes this a stand-out accessory.
Im usually not a jewelry girl, so I'm easing myself in here. This is something simple I can pair with just about anything. Baby steps. 





This drapey necklace was calling my name because I bought a similar style body chain in gold from Torrid and love it. When I dont feel like wearing chains all over my upper body (insert 50 Shades of Grey joke here)- I can just switch it out for a smaller piece.

From Torrid's site:
"Sparkle all night long in this dazzling beauty. It's a silver-tone necklace with layers of simple elegance."
Perhaps a little over zealous with the descriptions, Torrid but its a nice addition.


Belts. Ohhh how I love thee. I'm smallest at my waist, so a belt there really helps tighten things up a bit. I also wont lie and say I dont love how they feel like a constant hug. This little guy is noisy with its little links, but once you put it on you cant even tell. It's almost as if he is telling you to wear him!

From Torrid's site:
"Chic and sleek, this sexy black stretch belt has a gold tone bar in the middle of black faux leather sides and has a two-snap back closure."

The faux leather sides they are talking about are small. It is mostly a stretchy belt. I wore this is my Lingerie inspired Girls Night Out-fit . I believe mine is a size 2. There is also a black one I would love to have- maybe next time Haute Cash... maybe next time!


Have I mentioned my love for leggings before? Because I am in love with them. The male doesnt mind them much either. They are my go-to for lounging around the house and I am not afraid to wander the public Earth in them. I will say this is my first grey pair and Im definitely going to have to do the "dent test" before wearing them in public. Oh and Im going to have to switch them out for size 3s. I dont know what happened when I grabbed the 2- I just wasnt thinking.Or the clean eating has got me thinking positive. Link for leggings here.




This picture doesnt do these shoes much justice. I did wear them out one night and they are showing just a little wear where the suede (?) has rubbed the pavement. Lucky for you they have a patent option as well in this hot cobalt color. Look here for that. They are wide width and super comfy. I may have even been able to size down and gotten away with it on both these and the shoes below.


I don't see these shoes on the site anymore, but they are great! Here is a similar option. I definitely should have sized down in these since the side is open. They fit, but sometimes they feel a bit loose and it is going to take a lot of concentration to overcome my clumsy nature. 



The final pair of shoes is a pair of hot heels. Seriously... uggghhhh. Imagine that noise in the sexiest way possible, if you can. Anyway... so these heels. Much hot. Such chic. 10/10 do recommend. How many more meme references can I make? Don't push your luck, I'll go on for days. These fit well, a liiiitttle tight in some places, but I had a similar pair once before and after a few wears they stretched out just fine. One other little issue is that my baby toe hits right at an opening and very well may pop out and break off at any time.This probably wont be an issue for you if you have normal length toes, mine are all just very short.



This purse is also in my favorite pop of color.  I like it as a clutch, but the long chain makes it perfect for nights where you'll be doing a lot of roaming around and want to eventually crossbody it. It is a good size! I know that there is a big issue for some girls with the little purse/big body thing. This is honestly not going to give you any issues. I think it is the perfect size between big and bulky and a too tiny clutch.

On to the tops!



This top is just amazing. Marble. Pattern. Whaaaaat? At one point someone probably looked at a counter top or a floor and said, "Hey Pam, you know what? A shirt would look great in this." And they were actually right. I do look great as a counter or floor, and even though it sounds like I'm making fun of it, it is the exact reason I love it. Its unexpected and understated but strong. Oh and if youre worried about the girls, there is plentttty of room. It fits a bit boxy and its made out of a poly/spandex blend that almost feels like a wetsuit  so there isnt a whole lot of flattering drape so be prepared to size up if you need extra room in the middle.





















Le sigh. A vest. I still mourn the loss of the cool vest trend that happened around 2007. The vest was my waist belt before the belt was a trend.  Even though I dont get to wear a cropped and tailored version anymore, I like to have one or two others in rotation. This faux leather really looks faux though and that bothers me a lot. I dont know if it is because my dad is a biker and they take their leather seriously, or if I just dont like cheap looking fakes in general. It is comfortable and I love the moto style, so I may have to just suck it up and wear it when the weather is right.

And because Summer is actually coming back this year and I cant stop it, I decided to go for another chiffon tank. Remember, chiffon means no stretch, so sizing up is probably best. I got this in a 2- also not thinking obviously- and will have to return it. I'll probably go for a 4. The 2 was a bit snug in the hips and I feel like a 3 probably wont give me as much flow as I want. Oh and yes, that's my polka dot bra you can see. I surely cant get an undershirt on with this top. Back to Torrid I go!





No comments:

Post a Comment