Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Search For Lentils in Leggings


In my last post I mentioned my clean eating detox that I'm doing for the next two or so weeks. I made split pea soup and as the male said, "it tasted like sadness". I'm not even going to argue on that. I really went off the rails on that one, so we have decided to throw it all out and just replace it with responsibly raised salmon and veggies. I just cant take any more disappointing soups, guys.

The first of about 4 margaritas

Before I went on this crazy journey, my friend and I had to go grocery shopping because if there is one thing I don't keep in my pantry, its split peas.  We decided to have a last meal of sorts after shopping at a Latin food restaurant called Gloria's. I needed an outfit that worked for wandering around Trader Joe's looking for kale and lentils but transitioned into a Saturday night dinner out.

I decided on my leggings and hi-low top (all Torrid) because it is both a little trendy and oh so comfy.This outfit transitions so well because of the all black. I have worn it to house parties, I have put on a body chain and heels and worn it out to the bar, and I have worn it with flats like below and a scarf to run errands on the weekends. Super easy, super comfortable and the long shirt hides the booty for any girls with lingering fears of wearing leggings as pants.


Note: The top, belt and shoes have since sold out, but I'll put links below to similar items. Leggings are a great staple piece, but be careful- these aren't super high quality leggings from Torrid. If you are wanting to invest in a good pair, Id suggest a ponte knit. 

Top (similar):TORRID
Belt (similar): TORRID
Leggings: TORRID
Flats: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment