Monday, May 11, 2015

From Office to Happy Hour



Since I can remember, I have always wanted to be a powerful business woman. Some girls want to grow up to be mommies, some want to be teachers or wives or other amazing things... I wanted to be a single 30s business woman living downtown with a cat. That way I could finish work and run down for happy hour with coworkers or some nice person I met on the street and then walk home to my cat that doesn't care that I've been gone for 14 hours a day. I could just see myself sitting in my high rise apartment looking out over the city at night with a glass of wine in my silent house. I was an odd child with very specific wants that grew up into, well... an odd adult with very specific wants.

I currently work downtown in one office and very close to it in my other office, but I don't live in either downtown. I replaced the single woman with a wonderful boyfriend and the cat with a high maintenance toy poodle. Overall, I really wouldn't change anything about it for now except that my closest coworkers are both married men so there isn't much happy houring going on. If I'm lucky, one of my girlfriends will agree to go with me to dinner one night after work and on that day I am the most excited woman in the world!



I may be that excited because it gives me a reason to think a little more about my appearance that day. I like to be able to plan for a makeup look that is light for the day but can easily transition into a darker look for after 5. I also like to figure out how to take my usual fairly professional attire and tone it down into something that looks like I actually know how to have a good time.

For this look, I started at work with a white blazer on and the top tucked in with no belt. Sorry for not getting pictures of that, I was starving and we were taking pictures on the fly. Pizza is important, y'all. For the bar (as you can see from the pictures, it is not a fancy place) I wanted to un-tuck the shirt but I hate how these shirts hit me un-tucked and loose. They just fall too low and hang a little awkwardly. I had the belt (yes the one I'm always wearing and that I love more than life itself) in the car and decided, well... why not!? So I did and it was alright. It fixed the length issue. I also have on a light pink tank from Lane Bryant under the top for side and back coverage. Even tucked in, the sides on these shirts are just cut so high that sometimes there is an accidental peep show.
Links: Top| Tank| Pants| Shoes (sold out)

Need to knows: 
Top: No stretch; dont dry in dryer; wrinkles badly
Pants: VERY stretchy-size down; tendency to slide down after a few wears

My "c'mon wind, give me a break" face.

My "eff it, this is windy chic!" face.

My "seriously wind, it isnt funny anymore" face.

The rain dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment