Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Review: Jefferee Star Velour Lipstick

 
I don't know exactly when it happened, but people started to go crazy over these little lippies.  I wasn't the first to notice how amazing they were because when I finally made it over to the site to try to buy a few everything was already sold out and according to the Facebook page, it had been that way for a little while. Stalker Mode engaged. Once I realized this was kind of a cult-like following, I literally checked his Facebook and website daily to see if they had been restocked.

The day after my girls night out for my birthday, I was recovering on the couch and saw a post about 4 hours old on Facebook giving notice of the restock of colors I wanted. Click. Bought 3 right then. Less than 24 hours later- sold out. I felt pretty accomplished that Id gotten them instead of waiting the hangover out. Worth it.

Jeffreestar.tumblr.com

Aside from the amazing quality of the products speaking for themselves, everything that Jeffree Star is and does is art to me. The look, the makeup, the hair, and the tattoos are all stunning. I love a dynamic and interesting person and I could sit and try to absorb everything that makes up (pun totally intended) Jeffree Star all day long. I do understand that not everyone enjoys my favorite type of tea aesthetically speaking, but I highly suggest letting the products speak for themselves.

Why I wanted them:
1.) Super matte and super long lasting formula. I enjoy wearing lipstick, but I also really enjoy eating, drinking and kissing my male. I do not enjoy carrying lipstick around and reapplying all day/night and having lipstick transfer onto my glass really drives me crazy.
2.) The unique colors. I am no lipstick expert and I'm sure there are semi-dupes for all these colors, but I wanted both the color and the matte texture which was going to be a tough match. (If you know of any dupes, let me know in the comments!)
3.) I like a challenge. I wont even lie about this part. As soon as I knew they were always sold out, I made it my mission to get one. When I want something, I go for it... you coy thing you, velour lips!

Before we get into it though, I'm going to give you a disclaimer. No photoshopping, as with all my pictures, so what you get is what you see. The after pictures, I'm usually a few drinks in and the sun has left me to my own devices, so allow for a little error. I've also had to crop out more than one salsa stain on my shirt... so theres that. #classyonfleek


Oxblood



My goal was to give these little guys a true life test. I know most people understand that when you put things on your lips and then eat, the things on your lips need to be refreshed. I didnt refresh because I wanted to see just how much abuse they could take. Turns out, a lot. Worth every bit of the $18.

How they worked out:
Celebrity Skin

Celebrity Skin has to be my favorite lip color of all time. I have a love for dark eye makeup and nude lips and this is the nudest of the nude (well, until I'm Nude gets here because I ordered that too...)

Celebrity Skin + Prom Night

I wanted to wear my new lips as soon as I go them but I was going over to the males parent's house for Mothers Day and didnt want my lips to speak louder than I did, so I mixed Celebrity Skin (above) and Prom Night (below) to make a pretty soft pink



Prom Night
I mean, look at that pink! Ignore my wonky lines, coloring inside the lines was never a strong suit for me. I abused this lipstick this day. Just straight up disrespected it with no shame. I ended up loving the color more than I thought I would. It is perfect for those days where you want to walk out into the world and command attention. People were looking. As I was eating my burger, my bottom lip was hitting my chin and leaving lipstick (it had moistened back up with the drinking). It was hilarious. Thank goodness I was at my usual bar and we could all laugh about it. I blotted and things were good, but you see the wear it had on the color. Overall though, what a champ!

Ive had the best time with these lippies. I even ordered one more since I ordered these, The I'm Nude shade is a more pinky nude than the Celebrity Skin. I'm sure you'll be seeing that very soon (watch Instagram.) What do you think? Is it worth the $18? Which color do you love best? 

No comments:

Post a Comment