Monday, May 4, 2015

Brunch is a Must




By this point, we should all know of my eternal love for brunch. If brunch were a person, I would court it, send it flowers and then propose to it when I took it on a romantic trip to France. Seriously, marry me brunch. Marry me...


Most days when we head out for brunch, we keep it pretty casual. Some days, I don't even leave my house for brunch. I just brunch it up at home. How many times can I say brunch? A brunch (ha!).We will go out and sit on a patio or at a bar somewhere they have bottomless mimosas and have girl talk. For those days I'm down with regular old jeans and a top or a sweet maxi, but today was a little different. My sister wanted to take me out for a birthday brunch, which was very nice of her. She picked a place in Uptown called Nick & Sams Grill. Its the more affordable/casual version of a very nice steak house here in Dallas. It has a sweet patio and huge doors that open up to the outside so it is perfect for a nice Spring day (which we have about six of here in Texas.)




I wanted to go for something a little lighter and brighter than my usual all black love outfit since we were going to be Uptown and my sister lives in a building where they valet park your car for you... I wasn't sure they were going to allow me in.

 "I'm sorry ma'am, but you and your domestic car will just have to wait outside of the community."

 Since she assured me that I wouldnt have to park down the street and sweet talk my way in without showing six months of pay statements and a perfect credit history, I settled on a nice spring semi-polished look that included a little bit of my usual stick it to the man edge. If I'm going to be casual and in white pants, they will probably be distressed. If there is a plain black top, I want a few little spikes on the sleeve so I look like Im sweet, but you get a little closer and you see the sass. Oh and by the way, her building is gorgeous, but definitely top security and some old guy on the elevator with us was giving me the "you don't belong here" stare. I just stared back. yolo.

You've seen the white pants from Asos before (size 24), but I wanted to find another way to style them to show their versatility. The top I picked is from my recent Torrid trip (size 3). Shoes (my favorite!) are Lane Bryant (size 8).

The pants are super high rise, like six inches from my boobs high rise, and run large so size down. I cant complain though, because with the higher rise pants, I have some issues. They usually hit above my belly button and look great while standing, but cut into me when I sit down- these hit high enough to where I dont have that issue. For the top, I'm not a huge fan of how large of a difference there is between the front length and the sides. It works for tucking in the front, but if I want it out, I have to be careful with what cut pants I wear or else I'm showing the world my side groceries. Overall, its an easy and light outfit. I would have loved to worn a scarf, but here in Texas, we aren't lucky enough to have scarf weather in the Spring.

Jeans (Similar) | Top | Shoes (Similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment