Monday, May 18, 2015

Luvees Review


As you may have noticed, I've been on a mission to find the best way to prevent chub rub this Summer. I first tried the Mish Bandelettes and asked at the end if maybe there could be an option in short form...then I happened across these bad boys. Goes to show I might be a little slow on the revolution train.

The price:
$32.00- product
$6.40 shipping
PayPal option only

They are a little more expensive than the Mish brand I tried, but they cover quite a bit more, which was one of the very few cons to the bandelettes.  Is $40 a little crazy for some lacy undershorts? Probably a little but I will take into consideration that it is a smaller company. Also, when Lane Bryant panties aren't on sale, they are about $16 each- on the surface, for twice the fabric it makes sense for it to be twice the cost.



First lets talk about quality: The serious stuff is right where it should be on these. There is a cotton gusset (the crotch) with a thicker satin material in the prime rubbing location- inner thigh. These areas I'm so down with. You can tell that they put thought into the design, and it solves the issue of the lace wearing out in the high friction areas. If they took this quality and spread it throughout the garment, I'd be buying stock right this second. On that note, the lace is a bit thin and not quite the quality Id like. The top band is also not my favorite. There isn't much stretch and I felt like I was going to poke my thumb through the lace trying to get them up and over the booty.

The fit: I bought a size 3x which is a 24/26 US and they go up to a size 4x. In hindsight, I could have gone up to the 4x. The 3x is a little snug. As I said, there is very little stretch and I had the hardest time getting the waistband over my hips/butt. You would probably be safe sizing up. The top hits right at my belly button and the short length is about where it is on the model.

The feel: These are more secure than the bandelettes but for the same reason, they don't have the sex appeal the bandelettes have. I wont be flashing anyone my thighs and winking in the elevator in these. 

Any Cons? I wish they were cut longer. If I'm going to go with a short-like cut, Id like to have a higher waist and a longer short. I did see on the site that they have two colors that come in longer lengths, but they were sold out when I checked. As I mentioned before, the lace just isn't the quality I want if I'm paying $32 for an undergarment. I'd also like to see an improved waistband. If I'm not careful, I can see this one making that dreaded "pop" sound that comes with an inflexible band and never being the same. 

Would I recommend? I don't hate these at all but I can't say that Id rush out and buy the larger size. I have a hard time justifying another $40 for lace that might not be able to handle itself in a fight with my butt.  If you're looking for an option for chub rub, this is one, but for the price vs quality, I give them a 6 out of 10.

 Click here to check them out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment