Monday, October 26, 2015

Lovin' Layers


Saturday was Lovin' Layers in my style challenge, it also happened to be a day we were supposed to go to a lash party and get our lashes done. Well, I left my house 45 min before I had to be where I was supposed to be (usually a 35 min drive) and hit traffic about 1/3 of the way in... where I sat for 3 hours. Needless to say, we missed our appointments and I needed a drink by the time I got to where I was going. A man had positioned himself on the pedestrian bridge and intended to end his life so they had to shut down the highway. Depression and suicide are incredibly serious issues and as someone who has struggled with them, I do have to say- please, before you shut entire highways down, think of the lashes!



Anyway, after that joke in bad taste- I picked up Shelby and we went and had some drinks in uptown. The theme was layers and I'm usually a layers kind of girl, so it wasnt too much more work than usual. Not to mention the weather has finally started to cool off so layers are actually perfect! First day wearing a scarf! I missed it. This one is a long one I picked up from DDs Discounts- I think I paid like $5 for it. I have leggings on because, lets face it- its the weekend and I really hate wearing real pants lately. The black top is Torrid from a few years ago. It was the long running favorite shirt- I wore it on my first date with the boo two years ago. Then I couldnt find it for a while... until I cleaned out my closet and found it hiding in the back corner. My life was made whole again that day. Dont tell me its never happened to you.

The vest is Asos and I love it. You've probably seen it before in a few IG posts- oh and I wore it to Dia in NYC- except then I left it unbelted. The issue with the longer vests on me is my booty. I know, I know- I blame it for everything. Lets be real. With big booties come big responsibilities. If I dont belt it, thats an extra six inches of width added to me and all my shape is lost in the lines of the vest.

Overall, I felt great, I was comfortable and its a fairly chic look. The long scarf and the nude heels elongate me so I look taller and slightly leaner as the eye is drawn up and down. Here is to scarves every day for the next 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment