Sunday, March 15, 2015

Inside the dressing room: Target| Ava & Viv Collection



I finally made it over to Target to check out the Ava & Viv collection they just launched for the plus size ladies. We are still don't have a plus size sign and are right next to the maternity section aaaaand now even further away from the dressing rooms, but at least we have 6 racks instead of two, amirite!? There might be a little sarcasm there.

Not going to lie, I found a few cute things there I'm excited to go back and get but I was on a specific mission this time. Something green for St. Patty's day parade. As Ive mentioned before, I'm not much of a t-shirt girl so I needed something comfy that I could be morning drunk in but on point. I think I made it work. Of course I didn't get pictures of the green, but imagine the tank below in green and there you have it.


Boo went out with some of the doctors for drinks tonight, so I really made the evening out of wandering around and spending too much money. I had my eyebrows threaded, then Target, then stayed home and had some vodka tonics out of the pineapple vodka I made.


So here are is the size range of jeans I tried on. Silly me saw the 24 and decided not to grab the 26 just in case. Bad idea. The 24s buttoned but holy moses were they ill fitting as you can see. I should have gone back for the 26s but I was tired and my feet hurt from wandering around in heels trying to find the housewares for 40 minutes. 


In hindsight, Im not sure even the 26s would have worked. Half of my groceries (ass) were/was hanging out. I was also going to share that with you, but realized it probably wasn't appropriate for my skivvies to be all over the internet. Usually when a size down is thaaaat small in the booty, one size up isn't going to cover it. They did say they were "super stretchy" but I didn't feel it. Asos and Torrid have the stretchy game on lock and these felt a bit stiffer. Definitely would have bought these if they fit... especially for around $30.


The black and white kimono is not AVA & VIV. In fact its just an XL from Mossimo ($17 on sale) that caught my eye. the back is long and adorable. Shows it always pays to take a look in the straight size section! The tank is A&V. I also got it in a teal green. 3x. ($10/ea)




Overall, I was pretty impressed with the options and the price point is definitely reasonable for Target. I looked online the first few days and wasn't impressed so I'm happy I checked it out again. There is a chambray shirt calling my name and I'll have to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment