Monday, March 9, 2015

Review: Dear Clark




You know its time for a haircut when you spend most of your day staring at your split ends silently cussing and glaring hatefully at anyone with nice healthy hair. I was becoming obsessed with how damaged the ends of my hair were, so I went searching for a new salon to try. I will admit that I am the worst about just not getting my hair cut. It is an emotional time for me. I literally cry a few tears because of the loss of inches.

There was a traumatic hair cutting incident when I was in 2nd grade. My dad had taken me to Toni & Guy for my birthday and a guy named Vic cut my hair. I wanted a cute little bob and I ended up with a pixi. I cried right then. We went to the movies after and during the movie, I leaned over to my dad and asked if it had grown back yet. It hadn't. I cried for days about my hair. Then I went to school and everyone made fun of the "boy haircut." Now that I think back on it, poor Vic probably had a rough day that day- he made a 9 year old cry. That has to be the worst case scenario for a stylist. Vic, if youre reading this, I FORGIVE YOU!

I ended up at a cute place in uptown called Dear Clark. It is huge! Everyone was very nice; clientele was a tad stuffy, but that's what you get in that part of Dallas. I worked with a stylist named Crystal and she was precious! We talked about my entire life and I am not one to be open with strangers. I had a mimosa, so maybe she made it a bit strong to loosen me up! There was also a shop dog. She had a pink and purple Mohawk. Already winners in my eyes. Booze, dogs and friendly girls. (Sad note: Crystal said that someone had called to complain about the dogs and that starting next week, no animals would be allowed.)

Dear Clark has their own line of products as well, and they will actually be sent out in the Birchbox this month, so if you have that- keep an eye out! She used one of their smoothing creams on my hair to keep frizz down and it was amazing.

I am still adjusting to my new hair as its quite different, but I am so happy with how much healthier it looks. I had to go quite a bit shorter than I wanted because so much of it was damaged. I really liked this little place!  I even scheduled my next apt six weeks out so we can keep it healthy as it grows back to my beloved longer length.

What are your thoughts? Which style is your fav?






No comments:

Post a Comment