Thursday, March 12, 2015

Where to find: Wide Width Shoes


My father used to always tease me about my camel feet. He meant that they are wider than they are long- which is a little bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. Really though... I've got some wide-ass feet. I proudly call them my camel feet because they are mine and they aren't going anywhere.  In fact, they probably help me swim like little flippers.

I have a hard time finding cute shoes that fit properly, and even when they do fit, the sides of them wear out really fast because I obviously don't know how to walk properly. I get around just fine, who are my shoes to protest?! I've put together a list of places I like to pick shoes from because it has taken me literal years to find them and I want to share that joy with your feet if you also have a wide width.

___________________________________________________________________________

Extra bonus! Most, if not all, of these stores carry the larger sizes (10+) 
_____________________________________________________________

Before we get into the stores and the shoes I've picked out above, can we all take a moment to appreciate how laughably terrible my Photoshop (Technically, Pixlr) skills are? I'm learning! Im playing! Im glad youre here to laugh with me while I do it! Ive been YouTubing it all and let me tell you, its a slow process! 

Now on to the real meat and potatoes. (Do you know I get to use that phrase at work? In a real professional atmosphere at least 3x a month. I intentionally work it into conversation because I find it hilarious.)

SimplyBe: 
Price Range: $$
Classic to Trendy Scale
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 This is the holy grail of wide widths. I honestly bought a pair of shoes that were too wide. I have never in my life been so happy and sad at the same time. They also have an amazing size chart and how-to on measuring your feet to figure out what width you should be ordering. Find it here.
 
Price Range: $$
Classic to Trendy Scale
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
I know that LB (and Ive said it 100x) has the matronly stigma, but it is coming back, guys. Their new CEO was a chief executive for The Limited and she is turning that old moo-moo bus around!  Their shoes are consistently wide, great quality and account for all of my most comfortable pairs.

Price Range: $-$$$
Classic to Trendy Scale
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
I stick with my previous statements that you have to really search this site for on trend items, but when you find them it is so worth it! These shoes come in M and W width- but many others come in extra wide widths.



Price Range: $
Classic to Trendy Scale
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

Torrid has shoes that arent necessarily labeled as wide, but are wider than your average shoe. Quality as well as sizing is pretty inconsistent with this brand so if you have a chance to go try on in store, that is ideal. I have two pairs of sandals from Torrid and both fit completely differently so always double check measurements.
A few honorable mentions are Avenue, DSW and all of your usual department stores. I thought the last few were a bit common sense and Avenue is a mostly miss sometimes hit kind of place for shoes so I left them off. If you know of any other stores that carry a great selection of wider than wide width shoes, let me know! Id love to check them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment