Saturday, March 7, 2015

Where's Your Hat, Jack?

I started my love for hats very young. In fact, I had a sort of Bowler type hat when I was still in the single digits with a black flower on it that I wore all. the. time. Just think, tiny Elle in her little tiny hat doing little tiny Elle things. I was precious. Probably considered odd, but definitely precious in my own little odd way.

In high school, my first car was a 1961 VW Bug with the huge sunroof (what they call now a panoramic roof... so ahead of their time in 1961). Her name is Journey and she doesn't have any a/c so I got real acquainted with that sunroof. Windows down all the time and long hair? Hats. My hat of choice back then (early 2000s) was the newsboy! So Britney Spears/J-LO.

Now I drive a full on convertible and let me tell you- the hair issues get serious. I find it almost impossible to keep the top up when its nice outside so I keep a set of hair ties and a hat around to keep from being blinded by all my hair blowing in my face. Also, I only did hair down/top down about once before I realized spending an hour de-tangling my hair was not my favorite activity. My top three these days are the floppy, panama and fedora styles. See my picks below.

On to the actual hat-a-palooza. If you want to buy one, check out the links below.


(Numbered Left to Right)

No comments:

Post a Comment