Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Inside the Dressing Room | Torrid (Haute Cash)





I mentioned a week or so ago that I may or may not have racked up $100 in Haute Cash at Torrid. Turns out I definitely had, plus I had my birthday $10 off coupon PLUS I also had a $10 reward to use from my Insider account DOUBLE PLUS I had my ever trusty standard Insider 5% loyalty discount. All this adds up to  a really terrible math problem  a shopping trip.

I went to replace some items Ive had from Torrid for a little bit that are starting to show wear. My stiletto skinny's (in black and dark wash) have faded something bad but they took them off their denim wall and I was so sick of searching through racks for the right size that I gave up and found other things. Lazy shopping, but even worse product placement.



I think the last format worked well for this, so we will just go image by image here and show you what I tried on. Id love to do a video option for this, but my Torrid is always SUPER busy and the manager is a bit of a worrier, so I don't want to cause any trouble. Maybe one day!


Top: Here I am wearing the luxe-ponte black skinny (I believe) and the blush challis top. I have my striped tank on underneath. I have this particular type of top in about 5 different colors. DO NOT DRY them if you want to keep them the same size. They shrink about a full size in the dryer. This is in a 3 and the pants are in a size 24. Definitely size down in these pants. 

Bottom: Booty view. I have such wide hips that the backs of these shirts always sit a little high, but they are super comfortable. These pants... like buttah.





Top: Here we have my tank under a black open cardigan and some soft pants. The top is in a 3, the pants are in a 4. Bottom: Booty View. The pants fit comfortably but I'm not a huge fan of the pocketless pants in general. I've got a lot of booty and it just looks extra... luscious (?) when there are no pockets. Also, I think these pants are supposed to be a little more cropped, but since I'm so short they hit me like regular pants. 



Same pants, different top. This is the same top as the blush top, just in a dusty blue. See those wrinkles? Par for the course with these tops. I've found that laying flat while drying helps and I always keep a bottle of wrinkle releaser around because I hate ironing. Worst. Fashion. Blogger. Ever. 



I'm still dying to find a maxi that I like, and I saw this and figured, why not try it on? Turns out I wasn't much of a fan, but I threw the cardigan on with it and a belt and had something that I might wear. 


What did I leave with? Basics. The black pant, the two challis tops and a blush midi skirt that I picked up while I was in line to check out. I literally do this EVERY time. The total was a little over $200 (Everything was right about $50/ea), but with all my coupons I spent about $85. This is the kind of shopping at Torrid I'm down for. I rarely pay full price for anything there because I just don't find the quality to be worthy (more on this later).

What are your thoughts on the soft pants? You down or definitely not?


No comments:

Post a Comment