Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Birthday Suit



Disclaimer: I'm not naked. You're welcome or I'm sorry... pick whichever fits your reaction. 

Can we talk about that face!? Hilarious.

First, Id like to apologize for the horrible lighting in these pictures. I really do look a little like something has possessed me. I assure you that is not the case. I planned on taking some pictures before leaving the house but I didn't get out of work as early as I intended and then bad weather came, like tornadoes,  so I couldn't get any in the daylight. Mother Nature (or life in general) just wasn't making this blog life easy on Friday!


Birthdays are kind of a big deal in my house (by my house, I mean me, my boyfriend and the dog.). We get serious with birthdays and Christmas. My boyfriend knows that I like a nice dinner on occasion. I enjoy dressing up and eating expensive food because, lets face it.. it tastes better and feels great to sit at a candlelit table in a quiet room. Even when I was younger and made no money, I would save up for months to go to a nice dinner... it is just one of the ways that I show myself love. It took me a while to get him on the $50 a steak train. He just couldn't imagine paying that much for meat. I really understand, it is definitely not a need in life. Eventually, I talked him into going to a nice place for New Years and his life was changed. I swear he still talks about that steak.

Anyway, since he is a nice person and wants me to be happy, he made reservations for dinner this year for my birthday. We headed to a place called Perry's in Dallas. I have been once before, for my senior prom but have wanted to go back as an adult of drinking age. It was a group of us girls and one guy in a limo that went to eat steak, have fro-yo and then head back to prom... did we do it right for some small town kids or what!?  The limo driver told us we needed Jesus because of what went on back there (I promise it was just dancing!). My love for the party started early. Less party almost 10 years later, but more romantic with my boo.

I decided to go with this Modamix skirt (3x) from my Dia & Co box a few months ago, the blush top from Torrid (3x) I picked up the last time I went shopping and put it together with that belt I love so much and the shoes from Target that are so comfortable.It worked perfectly. These were taken after dinner and after the rain had stopped, so needless to say, the clothes had worked some over time!






No comments:

Post a Comment