Monday, April 6, 2015

Sweet Country Easter

Sweet Country Easter


Even if you are not Christian, I think we can all get behind the idea of a big bunny bringing us candy and treats. Like, I'd even house and clothe the big bunny the rest of the year if he'd make a second candy run somewhere around August. Not to mention, how amazing would it be to just have a large cartoonish rabbit roaming about the house 12 months a year? ..okay, I've gone too far.

My family always does an event out at my parents house the Saturday before and it is a big deal (as are most of our family events) because there are just so many of us. I'm talking 30 ish people, food for days, fishing in the pond, bean bag tosses, Easter egg hunt and ... wait for it... an Easter Bunny pinata from a legit Mexican Market. Complete with stereotypical Mexican mustache. Before you are like, "ohhhh white people..." I'd like to mention that my family is just about as diverse as they come and as one of the resident white people I have taken a "How Offensive Is This" survey and the results came back as "Only Mildly Offensive."


Easter Pinata


I am not Christian (though my family is) and don't go to Easter Sunday services, so my Easter outfit is definitely much more casual. I have to have something that can withstand a day of roaming around in dirt and grass but looks like I've kept my life together after moving to the big city. I also used to bake desserts for the same reason, but got too tired of stressing over making 100 chocolate covered strawberries last a three hour drive, so I started ordering cakes instead.  I feel like I accomplished that with this outfit.



Ive been wanting to try the boyfriend style jeans out, and definitely wanted some distressed jeans so when I picked this pair up at Torrid (size 26), I married the two. I don't think they are the most slimming pair I own but honestly, I don't care much about that.  I softened those up with a sweet white lace top (4x for the extra boho vibe) and a black tank underneath. Throw on some camel flats and youve got an outfit folks!

I wont even lie to you, I bought these flats on a shopping trip after a few hours of brunch with unlimited mimosas at DDs Discounts for like $7. I am not condoning mimosas and shopping because that same shopping trip I also left with a cutting board and a shower curtain liner.. but I'm not going to say I regret my decisions. Ive had several pairs of shoes from there around the same price point and they usually last a few months. I am incredibly rough on shoes, so I dont mind going super cheap on them because even the most expensive pairs don't last more than a year or so. I have no idea what I do to them, they just fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment