Friday, June 26, 2015

Dia&Co. Box: June


Side story about this necklace (which I love!): So I pulled it out the first day and as I was cooing over it, the male says, "it looks like it can kill somebody." Then I gave him a look and we laughed about necklace homicide because thats true love. 

Link to the box: https://www.dia.co/r/cc3
 Its June! Dia&Co sent me my newest box and though I'm only keeping one item this time (the necklace above), I liked more of the options. I asked for a maxi, and I got one, along with a little note apologizing for not having my favorite picks last time. They really listen to what you have to say, so dont worry about signing up and never getting anything you like.


First up, the maxi. It isnt my first pick in a maxi, but I did like it. In fact, I think Amanda Allison from I'm Fashionably Late had on a pink one like it the other day with a chambray top and looked amazing. The waist was a bit big and kept sliding down, and I promised the male I wouldnt buy anything that I wasnt in love with since my side of the closet is starting to get a little... full. Back it goes.




Next is the tank. It is just a littttttle tight. The top is perfect, but the tummy is, well you see. The cut is nice and the more sheer part at the bottom is a cute touch. The length is great.



I've been eyeing this top from Asos forever. I'm really sad it didnt work as well as I'd like and its all the reasons I hadnt bought it before. It is short... and remember Im only 5'2''. The neckline is deep so its cleave heavy- which isnt a problem, but the way it sat on my body I had some bunching in the girl area. I would have liked a little longer sleeve as well, but thats just nitpicking. I love black and I realllly love peplum so they got this one right on, its just the fit that caused a problem. 




 Finally, the blue pants. A little darker than the blue pants from last time and closer to the style I'd like. I'm still adjusting to colored pants. I'll tell you why I have such a block... Coming from East Texas, there were a lot of judgy old white women. You know, the ones with the big white hair in short cuts, jewelry laden and full of "oh honey"s. The matriarchs. They had been in town their entire lives and spawned 3 generations of starting quarterbacks. They always wore their colored pants and I just associate the two. Its a mental block.

 I do love the zipper detailing on the hip pockets and ankles. I do not love the no pockets on the back. Can we laugh a bit though about how they are supposed to be capris? Hilarious. They do make great ankle pants on me.



Overall, it was a better month. I felt like they were closer in line with what I liked to wear. Communication is key and they are amazing listeners. I never plan on keeping everything because the odds just aren't there. Cuts and sizes vary so much... shopping for another body is tough! I always keep in mind that when I go try on clothes in a store I still only like 2 of 5 or so and I've had this body forever to shop for.

Check Dia&Co. out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment