Monday, June 22, 2015

Secretary-ish.


First, Id like to apologize (but only kind of because I'm human, and we wrinkle) for the wrinkles in my shirt. This is one of the first sets of this cut of shirt from Torrid and the material is hell to keep straight. I cant dry it, so I wash it then hang dry- then I steamed it to get the wrinkles out. I packed it and it was wrinkled again by the time I was ready to shoot it. Seriously though, don't dry these shirts. They shrink badly. The material has changed in the different seasons of Torrid, so the new ones don't wrinkle nearly as badly, but they do still shrink. 

Ive got a preeetttty cute outfit planned with this skirt for next week, but I wanted to profesh it up a little bit since most of us are not going to work showing midriff (yes, that's a spoiler). This is totally work appropriate. This is walk into the office and make everyone nod as you walk past good. I've seen dresses with the white button up top and pencil skirt bottom called Secretary Dresses. I feel like we can easily take that all the way up to CEO if we wanted (though you may want to make sure your top is extra pressed at that point. sheesh.)


Top is Torrid from a few seasons ago (the previous versions of the blush shirt from the Office to Happy Hour post). Skirt is Eloquii. It is too small. Ok, it does zip.. it fits on my body, but sitting down is a bit of a chore. Dat booty doe. My sister and cousin were helping me out by taking pictures and they couldnt stop laughing when I went to sit on the couch. Imagine Gumby but with a lot of groaning. Eloquii has great sales and you can catch all kinds of great work skirts and pants for fantastic prices. Check often and you can usually find something amazing for a steal.


No comments:

Post a Comment