Monday, June 8, 2015

Necessity is the Mother of Invention




We were heading to a Memorial Service this weekend for one of our friend's parents and all of my black dresses are for Fall and Winter. I have no idea how it happened, but it did. I was running around trying to figure out what I was going to do when I realized... I'll just make my own. Links after the jump.


We all know I don't sew, so when I say "make my own", I mean find a skirt and top in the same color and make-do. You've seen the midi skirt before, in my Birthday Dinner post and this black top is a Ralph Lauren (3x) from my Dia&Co box a few months ago. It is long sleeved, but the lace is nice and cool and I just shoved the arms up where I would naturally bend and you almost couldnt tell. The necklace is Torrid. The shoes are strappy sandals from Avenue years ago, and are super comfortable. Watch Avenue! They have a tendency to surprise you!

Side Note: I had my Luvees on under the skirt and when I put them on after the first wash, there were already holes in the lace as I'd worried about. They did their job, but I'll have to throw them away soon. (Sad face).

Overall, the look worked. I know the hardware on my purse is gold and the necklace is silver, but the purse stayed in the truck and switching purses for every outfit is adorable, but so. much. work. We are planning a vacation in October to the Bahamas, so my clothing budget is going to take a bit of a hit. The goal is to work with items you may have seen before and repurpose what I have in my closet. A.) Its more budget friendly for everyone and B.) I like the challenge its going to give me. I have a bad habit of just buying something new when I feel bored with what I have instead of making it work in different ways. October though- I'll look fierce! (I'm picturing me in an all white angel glory, hair blowing in the wind on the white sand and a badass sunset setting behind me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment