Monday, June 29, 2015

Belt or Nah?


I gave you fair warning that the last week or so would be Prissy heavy. The girl is a diva and wants to be in every picture. Who can say no to that face? We are still working on the posing. "Sit" doesnt work so well, because shes old enough to be my Grandma in dog years and I can see the hate in her eyes when I try to tell her what to do.

You saw the crop top from Monif C two weeks ago with the blush midi skirt. (Its a skirt month apparently!) I am mixing and matching some of my favorite items lately and this crop just gives me life! Ok so the top pic I'm showing tummy and it feels so good! As you can see, my much talked about vampire skin is out all over. To the girls that think you have to be tan to show skin, well- here I am... in all my white glory. I really dont think anyone will die from the glare. 

Side tangent: The only time I will tan is when I am going to be out in the sun a lot over a period of several days, for example, a beachy vacation or a day camp with lots of hours in the sun. I try to build up a gradual tan in the bed (this maybe happens once every two years) so I don't turn lobster all in one day. Is it the healthiest method? I couldnt tell you. Will I get cancer? Maybe. But you know what I wont be? Slathering myself in aloe so I can actually sleep and having peeling parties. 

Anyway...
So I love Eloquii and I've been stalking their sales for a while- which is where I found this skirt. It didnt come in anything above a 24 (they now have 26-28) so since I can wiggle my way into a 24 occasionally, I ordered it. It was $30, okay!? Let me live! As you can see, its a bit tight. It zips just fine at the waist, and I can sit... if I do it carefully. Moral of the story is, 24 in flared = safe. 24 in fitted = sketchy. That booty man, it gets me every time!

If youre not ready to bare belly just yet, I threw on a belt to cover the gap. The belt is also Eloquii and I love it. If you've been following, you know I'm a sucker for black mixed with metallic finishings. 

Special Thank You (shout out) to my cousin Shelby and my sister Katie for letting me use them for the blog. Katie provided the beautiful space and staging in the place she calls home and didnt kill me when my dog peed on her rug out of jealousy. Shelby did a lot of the picture taking and she is generally pretty useful when it comes to my life. Couldnt do it without you ladies! Thank you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment