Friday, July 10, 2015

Crop Top Crushin



Its 7 o'clock, Im in my crop top cruisin the stree-eets. No? No Usher today? I feel like any day is a good Usher day. I'll never forget when that song was my jam... in the 2nd grade. Probably not appropriate, but I knew a good thing when I saw it early on.

Links to all items after the jump

Back on topic- so distracted! Amanda Allison posted a picture of a Q&A sesh from O Magazine on Facebook Wednesday that really just struck a nerve with me. Then it found traction and everyone was cursing poor old Oprah out. Sorry Oprah! ..but only kinda. Wrangle your folks, lady.

I found it striking that they had to reiterate that you MUST have a flat tummy to wear a crop. As you all know I've already broken this rule- many times. I also decided that I was going to make this post so we can all share in the joy of wearing crop tops.



If you haven't worn one, seriously- try it out if you've been curious. My very first blog post ever was about my crop top love. I didn't know I was ready, in fact I just knew I wasn't ready, but I did it anyway. One of my hardest lessons in life to learn was that sometimes I just had to do things before I was ready. I wasn't always going to be the best, I wasn't always going to have the right answers and that I couldn't always start at the same level of someone that had been doing it for years. I had to start to get there and to start I had to let go of the fear of not being perfect. So the crop top means more to me than just showing a bit of tummy. It means freedom from fear and I want everyone to experience that for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment