Friday, July 31, 2015

Water Wear


I'm going to apologize in advance for the lack of quality of these pictures. I was trying to get this ish done before the sun went down and was working with the self timer option on the camera and had to crop to get the ceiling fan out of the shot because the camera wouldn't tilt further down. IM 5'2'' CAMERA, IM 5'2''!!! There was a lot of cussing... . Shit gets real, real quick when you're a moonlighter. Pretty sure that  saying should be a sign on a moonshine still somewhere in the middle of the woods in deep East Texas. 

Now, on to the good stuff. Aside from murder, natural disasters and/or hostage situations, being a fat girl in a bathing suit is maybe one of the most terrifying things in the world.  That was dramatic (I'm dramatic today so just grab a handle)- but I've been in a tornado and I've also been in my bathing suit and the fear of judgment day is a consistent theme. What better way to get over a fear than to post it all over the internet for strangers to see? So here we are. 
Links to all items are at the bottom.


This top is from Old Navy in a 4x. There is no liner and no support so I do have a bra on with it. This bottom is a Lane Bryant bottom in a 28. This bottom for whatever reason is a little less tight than the plain black one you'll see further down but only in the sliiiiightest bit.


...and here we have arrived in Fat Thighland. I thought about swim shorts for a while and I may still buy a pair, but then I thought about the fact that my body gets full sun about 3x a year and decided not to deprive my upper thighs of that momentous occasion. And really though, I'm at point where I'm showing everyone the fat I was scared of before- whats another three inches of thigh?



This is a swim cover from Lane Bryant in a  26/28. It is not my favorite. The fit is smaller than I'd like. I know it doesn't look small, but the top is extra roomy and the bottom is a little snug. It is stretchy, but I don't want something a size bigger than what I usually wear to have to stretch to fit my rolls snugly.  I really wanted it to work! The booty just too big tho!




You know this top from Rue107 from an earlier post, so I threw on my swim cover from Old Navy in a 4x. I should have gotten a 2x, but how could I have known!? I just tied it up with a hair tie which does double duty in case the hair needs to go up. I was a Girl Scout for 12 years... I can appreciate extra preparation. 

The bottoms are also Lane Bryant in a size 28. I've worn these in the pool a few times and they have a few snags from the rough pool bottom but other than that, no fading and they fit just fine after washing.  


Polka Dot Top| Hot pink top | Black Bottoms| Chevron bottoms (sold out but they have pink & orange) | Sheer cover (only pink left)| Zebra-ish Cover (sold out but they have aztec)

No comments:

Post a Comment