Monday, July 6, 2015

Take it to the Maxi



 Summer, Summer, Summer...

I wish I knew everyone's fascination with it. My hair doesnt want to cooperate, my makeup slides off, I sweat literally everywhere, I pay higher electric bills--- its just not a sexy three to six months depending on Texas' mood. I struggle through it every single year. This year I wanted more maxi options and I found this one on Asos for like $25, so of course I bought it. Also, can we talk about how hard it is to find a maxi with sleeves?! Entirely too hard.



This dress is everything. the fabric is super thin and breezy so even though it looks like it could get warm, it doesnt. Its perfect for days youre headed to the pool because you could throw it on over your suit and head out. Its great for casual brunches, its great for shopping.. its just great. So easy.

Lets talk about its fit:

I'm wearing the dress in the US24, tag says 28 (UK sizing). Remember I'm 5'2'' so its super long on me. I would say you could easily be about 5'10'' and have a good length on this. Ive got it hiked up with the belt and I've still got an inch or two to spare. The top part also fits a bit better when it just hangs instead of me having it all bunched up int he middle. You know, if  I could grow a few inches, that would really solve a lot of problems. (lol!) I'll have to take it to the tailor to get it shortened. I'm starting a stack so I can take all the items at once and just knock it out. There is no stretch in this fabric, so account for that. It has buttons alllll the way down and if it gets too tight it gapes between them. I was trying not to show everyone my lady bits when I sat down.

Im super happy I picked this dress up for such a great price. I have a feeling it will get a lot of use and will definitely transition well into fall. Asos just gets it right 9/10 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment