Monday, August 24, 2015

Blo Review| Update


I'm going to go ahead and say this is a bit of a lazy blog post since I've done one before on it- BUT its been so long and we've grown so much since I did the original, that I wanted to give you guys the deets...again.

Blo was one of my very first reviews when I started the blog. I read about it opening in my local "alternative newspaper" The Observer... which is really where I go to get all the Dallas gossip, I just got lucky and found this blow dry bar that was coming to town. Can we pause for a second and laugh about how shady Dallas politics is my very favorite pass time? I read it every day on my lunch.  Anyway, I went during the soft opening to check it out and loved it- I'm really kind of sad it took me months to get back!


This time I met with Amber, who is the assistant manager there and she is an absolute doll. I asked if she did freelance work outside of blo and she does!! So if you're in the area and need her, shes available! (Her IG is anbeautyartist) I have a hard time with small talk a lot of the time, so to find that we could talk for the whole hour or so was nice. She has done plus size pageants, dabbled in modeling, etc etc, so we had a lot to talk about!

blo waiting area
She also did an amazing job with my hair. I have thin and very fine hair so getting it to do anything exciting is a bit of work.  Remember that this is definitely a luxury. Youre not going to get your hair cut, youre treating yourself. So when I say I spent $50 (including $10 tip) on a hair style sesh, it may sound crazy- in fact, had you asked me a few years ago, I would have said I was definitely crazy. A girls day, before an important meeting or interview, before you head out for a bangin' party or when you just need a special pick me up- this is the thing. Most of us cant afford a $50 hair sesh every week, I get that. I'll leave the prices for you below- and they aren't only in Dallas, so if you want to check them out, there may be one in a city near you.






No comments:

Post a Comment