Monday, August 3, 2015

Rebdolls Review Update


One of my most popular posts is the Rebdolls Review and if you've read that, you know that my view was less than favorable at the time. I caught them pretty early in their development, they had just changed from Custom Plus to Rebdolls and were still only selling t-shirts, crops and sweatshirts. Since so many of you have been reading that post, I wanted to give them another chance with a different style option. After trying it again, I am exactly where I was on them the first time. I dont love it. I dont dislike it completely, definitely more of a "Meh" and a shrug from me. I am Randy Jackson on this. You know man, it just didnt really do it for me.



When Garnerstyle came out with her collection for the company, a lot of the items were adorable- apparently everyone thought so because as I was ordering them, they were leaving my cart. They opened up Pre-Sale on a few of the items a couple times in order to give people the chance to get them again and I thought about it... but then I thought about how much I disliked the quality the first time and I got nervous about dropping the extra money (her collection was a bit more expensive than the usual choices) on something I might not like.

I settled on this Maxi Tee Shirt instead. Before I get into what I like and dislike about this top, lets talk about what Rebdolls is. Rebdolls is the cooler cousin of Forever21. The companies arent related- just stay with me here. While Forever21 is going to festivals and braiding her hair, Rebdolls is putting on wicked eye liner and heading to hip hop clubs in urban areas. F21 is soft and flirty; Rebdolls is sassy and dgaf about your vinyl collection. You see where I'm going. They are both at about the same price point, about the same quality- just different personalities.

This shirt/dress is right about $30 and I'm satisfied with that price point for the quality. It is super thin and less than flattering around "troublesome areas" aka fat rolls. It is so comfortable though. It is wear it every day until I die comfortable. The material is perfect for Summer heat here and you can throw it on with leggings and suddenly clothes that are more comfortable than my pajamas look like you've got actual style. Its a cool idea really. It takes the sweetness of a maxi but edges it up and I'm all about that.

So my overall idea of Rebdolls is this: dont expect high quality, but do expect fun. Youre getting what you pay for quality wise, but I like that they arent pretending they are higher quality than they are. Quality/Price Point ratio is very important to me and is spot on here. The ability to find things that you cant find anywhere else will keep me coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment