Monday, August 17, 2015

Inside the Dressing Room| Target Fall 2015



I've been in a bit of a funk lately, which is crazy because I have so much great stuff going on! It happens occasionally when I start to work myself to death. Dramatic. But really, I'll just go and go and go until I wear myself out and then I need a few weeks to recharge. In order to stop this early, I stayed in Friday and cleaned my house (a clean space relaxes me) and then before my beautiful friends' wedding on Saturday I ran around and did some shopping. Ain't no therapy like retail therapy!! 


I stopped in at my favorite discount store that Mouthy Girl got me started on a year or two ago. It is the extra cheap version of TJMaxx called DDs discounts. If there is one near you, it's worth checking out. Remember that it's extra cheap so it will likely be in a neighborhood that needs that kind of store. I've seen some crazy things happen there, but just go and if a fight breaks out between a customer and a cashier, keep your mouth shut. I've found baby clothes from Carter's there for a fraction of the price and I've found my $50+ silverware set there for $12. Its worth almost taking a hit to the face. (it's not that bad, but it is slightly rough). 

Moving on...
After that, I wanted to see if the new AVA&VIV Fall line was out at Target. GarnerStyle and Gabifresh and I want to say Nicolette Mason have teamed up with Target on the A&V line and have each done lookbooks for it. They kept talking about how much better it was then last season so I was intrigued. 


If there is one thing I've noticed about this collection, it's that the sizing varies from piece to piece. The pants almost never fit me, and the dresses and skirts fit a little large. If you can, I suggest buying in store so you can try on. Garnerstyle did say that they had tried to switch the jeans up to fit a curvier body type better, but I only saw the jeans that cut my booty in half last time. Not a good look. 


First up, the same patterned separates. Not my first pick in patterns, but I liked it more than I thought I would. No stretch in either piece, but the arms are tight in the top. The skirt is a 26 and a little too big on the high waist. They do have this skirt in black- it would  make a great office basic.

They are all about plaid this season. I mean ... look at all of it. LOOK AT IT! We can have a different plaid for every day of the week! 

 

 
Next is the ultra casual look. The black top is a weird length, remember I'm only 5'2'' so it is designed to be a little shorter on a taller person.. Its not quite full length, but not quite cropped. I'm assuming it's meant to be a bit shorter to go with the jogger pants. I'd prefer it longer. The sheer panel on the sleeves is a nice touch though. The grey sweater was on clearance so it may not be this seasons piece, but boy was it comfy. I look like I'm about to have a Netflix day here.

These pants didnt even get close to fitting in a 24 and they didn't have a size up, though I probably would have needed two. No stretch. White front, black back. 


This dress was not a Fall piece, but it was very cute so I wanted to include it. Its a 4 and too big. The top was very roomy, the waist hit way too low but the bottom fit around best... Save for the 8" of fabric past my feet. Not an unusual issue for me and maxis. If you are tall with a little more up top, this would probably work for you. 

I'm kind of hoping that more will roll out as we get closer to Fall here.  A lot of these pieces were just mediocre. Some werent Fall, but there were very few racks full of Fall items- granted its still August and here in Texas we have another month or so of full blown Summer. The line has potential, so I'll keep my eye on it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment