Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Dia&Co. Unboxing | September 2015


Link to the box: https://www.dia.co/r/cc3
I've been a huge fan of Dia&Co. since the beginning so when they asked if I wanted to head out to NYC to meet with them and 9 other women as sort of a "focus group", of course I said yes! This month's box came just in time to keep the process fresh in my mind before the trip this weekend. I want to hear your thoughts! Let me know in the comments section your likes/dislikes, wants/dont wants and questions and concerns about this kind of company. I'll take what you want to know with me to the Dia&Co. headquarters and share it. It isn't every day that you get to have a say in what happens in the fashion industry- so speak up! 

Keep in mind that as we go, I have asked them to send me some things I wouldn't usually pick out for myself. It is a way that I keep myself from drowning in black, neutrals and metallics. I've got to be held accountable or I'll just get out of hand. I've said it before- but there really should be a whole team of people that are trained just to keep me from getting out of hand. I feel like I'm Mariah Carey Diva Status sometimes and that I was born to have a whole team just like those celebrities! Anyway, point of the story is (see what I mean? out of hand.)... sometimes you never know what you'll like until you put it on! 





Asos / Ridley Skinny Jean In Washed Black With Ripped Knee / Black / 24 / $58.00
I asked for jeans and I got them this month. I love Asos jeans. They run big. I fit into their 24 easily when right now I'm a full on 28 in Torrid jeans. Ive gained quite  a bit of weight lately because of some stress eating. To those that just don't feel like eating when you're stressed- I envy you! These jeans are a faded black with the two knee holes. I have a white pair very similar and they've held up very well- especially how many times I've shoved my foot through the knee holes on accident while getting dressed. I wont be keeping these because I literally just got a pair of black jeans in the mail from Asos that I ordered a couple weeks ago. Guess that shows they know what I like!


Soprano / Sleeveless Multi Print Top / Blue / White / 3X / $49.00
This top is definitely a keeper. It is a bit snug and short in the front but the high waist jeans fix most of that. It is lower in the back which is nice- but Id prefer it just be even all around. And there is no stretch- so dont size down. I love this pattern and I loooove peplum. Also, how cute would it be with half sleeves? Why isn't this a thing plus designers?! Why cant I have peplum and sleeves!?




Junarose / Knit Skirt with Draped Silhouette / grey / 3X / $55.00
This skirt was tooooo small. The front is a disaster and was quite fond of clinging to my rolls- so I tried to take something from my closet to make it into something I could/would actually wear. I wont be keeping it, but the soft jersey material in a skirt was real comfy. Although- I can only imagine what would happen if I started sweating in this light grey skirt. Butt prints... classy. Oh and I didnt realize this top was this sheer until I looked at these pictures. glad I had a tank top on when I wore it out the other day! (I'll have a post on these two tops later. They were not in the dia box.)



Praslin / Gingham Checked Skater Dress / Black/Mocha / US 22 / $86.00
This dress was not the most flattering on. It made my widest parts look extra wide. Usually I dont mind that so much, but I didnt love the dress enough to forgive it. Remember that I'm also pretty short, so if youre a tall one this will be well above the knee. 


Jewelry / Merrill Necklace / White / $42.00
I just don't care for this necklace. There isnt anything wrong with it, it just isnt something I enjoy. I will tell you that the clasp is a little tough to work- but then again I'm working with long nails and very little jewelry experience. Also, what is going on with my eyeliner here? I know I didnt draw it that way... liquid liner... the bane of my existence!

Overall, I would have kept two out of five- the jeans and the blue and white top, but since I already bought some black jeans recently- I had to say no and send those sweet baby blacks back. I could do without the jewelry selection in each box since I'm just not much of a jewelry fan but I hear they are bringing scarves into the mix next month and I'm extra excited about that!


No comments:

Post a Comment