Monday, September 14, 2015

Fresh & Flirty

I felt super guilty about saying I wasnt going to be sticking to my MWF schedule this week so I thought I'd just give you guys the deets I promised on this outfit from the Dia&Co unboxing post from last week. I'm legitimately exhausted from the last week or so. The weekend in NYC was extremely stimulating and such a blast that it recharged and drained me all at the same time. It is going to take me a few days to get that recap post done...mostly because I'm still processing it in my little bumpkin brain. It certainly didn't feel like real life.

Here's the deal with this outfit, if you missed the unboxing post, I was trying on the clothes I got in my box and came across this skirt. It was too small and I didnt have a top to pair it with in the box that made it flattering. Guys, rolls were on full display. If you're okay with VBO (visible belly outline) then youre golden, but I get a lot of comments from you guys that request suggestions on how to dress to flatter what may be perceived as a problem area for you. I had been shopping at Torrid for their Labor Day sales and got these two tops so I threw them on with the skirt to make a bad into a rad (I just made that up as I went, isnt it cheesy and horrible!?)



I didnt realize this top was a sheer black until I looked back at the pictures. How I didnt catch that is beyond me so you might want to throw a tank underneath if you're not looking to show off the groceries. I have a tendency to try on those boxes with no shoes but you could pair this with a pair of flats, sandals or wedges for a casual vibe.

The sizes on this outfit are all over the place. The kimono is a Torrid 0/1- I almost didnt even try it on but I'm glad I did because I want to wear it all the time now. The tank is in a 4 and the Junarose skirt is in a 3x (US sizing). I believe the tag said XXL though since the brand isnt American.

Links: Floral tank | Lace Kimono | Grey Skirt via Dia&Co. or here

No comments:

Post a Comment