Friday, September 11, 2015

Inside the Dressing Room | Nordstrom Rack


A couple weeks ago, Shelby and I went to Nordstrom Rack for the first time. I know, what were we waiting on?! Well, I didn't think their plus size selection would be very good. I wasn't wrong, but it was better than I thought.What you really need to go for is accessories. Holy Moses there was accessory heaven. They even have premium brand makeup there as the items are discontinued or packaging has changed. Urban Decay, Too Faced, etc etc. There were about 5 racks of plus size clothes, very few bottoms-even fewer in my size- but lots of tops. So Shelbert and I picked up a couple and headed to the world's tiniest dressing room.

The pictures aren't amazing, but when you shove two fat girls into a cube of about 8 sq feet, not only is picture space limited but you're lucky the whole building doesn't burn down due to a friction induced fire. Extreme, but you get what I'm saying. Shelby isn't much for the in front of the camera stuff, but I talked her into doing it for the blog since we are slightly differently built and you guys have mentioned wanting different body types. I'm much shorter and carry weight everywhere with a bit more in my tummy and butt. Shelby also carries in her tummy and butt (and maybe one size larger), but shes much more lean in her arms and legs. I can only rarely talk her out of a t-shirt and jeans when I'm always fully done in about six layers. Thats probably why we work so well- shes the chill to my no chill.


Lucky for Shelb, there was a huge selection of tshirts this day and as I looked over at her and said jokingly, "you better not have 30 different t shirts in different shades of grey!" she stopped like a deer in headlights and slowly put down a grey t shirt.


 First Tee on Shelby, it fit well, sleeves a bit short but overall not terrible. This was ultimately a no due to the color/pattern.
This second t-shirt was the best t-shirt. It was a burnout tee that added a little something interesting to the t-shirt game. She ended up taking this one home for under $20.  What you cant see is that it had a bit of a tulip side on it. This is an Elle approved tee. Not only do you have the interest added by the rolled sleeve and the burnout but you've got the tulip sides- you still get to be casual and comfy but it looks like a well thought out shirt.
In her efforts to distract me from her t-shirt grab, she got this little number. The cut worked well on her but we decided that the pattern was a little matronly. 

 The purple tee is a Shelby pick and I think I talked her into the vest. We decided no on the purple top since it was thin and a little clingy. The navy vest is an easy way to make a t-shirt look like there was a litttttle more effort put in. Leave it open or belt it and you've got something casual but cute.
This was an Elle pick and obviously the one that I love the most. It was a little too small since there wasnt stretch, but I pulled it towards the front so I could show her what it would have looked like in the right size. The reason I picked this top was because it has the adorable neckline. That detail draws your attention to the girls instead of to where she carries her weight in her tummy. It looks great, but we left it behind since it was a bit small. 
Here is me trying on a basic black tunic- I believe it was around $20 as well. It fit, it looked fine, but I didnt buy it because I wasn't In love. The back detailing was very cute but since I rarely wear sleeveless it would be covered anyway.

I tried on both this tank top and this sweater. The tank was cute, but if I add any more tank tops to my collection before getting rid of some, the male may get the dog and start a rebellion. The sweater I did take home for $40 (Originally $100). It's super soft and I cant wait to snuggle up in it this Fall/Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment