Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My #WeekendwithDia | Becoming A Brand Ambassador: The Overview


I'm sure you all saw the pictures on my social media about my time in NYC this last weekend. If it seemed sudden, it kind of was. I wanted to be very clear with you guys about what I'm doing because being honest and transparent is important to me. I haven't sold out in less than a year- although, that would be an impressive time table and I am always striving for perfection.

I have a plan to break this into three parts for easier organization. I'll start with how it all started, how I ended up in NYC and some broad observations and facts I have as of now, and then I'll share everything about the weekend and by the time that post goes up, hopefully I'll have more information about where our relationship is headed in the future.

I've used this program almost since the beginning. I filled out a survey on GarnerStyle's website and got an email about beta testing for the company. I gave feedback as I bought the items in the boxes about the clothes, about the process and about the website; that went on for about a year. About a month or so ago, I got an email from them asking if I wanted to go to NYC to meet with them and 9 other women as a sort of focus group. I obviously said yes.



Here is what the company does: At its very core, Dia&Co. is a plus size styling company that will send you a box of clothes as often as every month.Check it out here.

What is a Brand Ambassador? Essentially it is someone that softly "sells" the company. I wont be signing everyone up like a used car salesman, but I will be playing the role as a sort of liaison between the company and their customers. I'll be providing feedback from customers as well as representing the company in my community.

Why I said yes: I really enjoy the service. Aside from that, while working with the women from the company I found them all to be extra nice. I felt like they genuinely wanted to make a difference by helping even out the playing field for the plus sized woman. On the selfish side, learning everything I can about how these kinds of programs work helps me as a blogger and consumer. 

How will it affect my blog: It shouldn't. The blog is my priority, being honest and a trustworthy source is very important to me. I do not depend on brands for my income therefore I am able to provide honest feedback, even when it isn't flattering to the brand, without worrying about my financial stability.

Am I being paid? No. I have received no direct compensation for my role. My trip was paid for- and it was glorious- but other that that I haven't received any compensation. I still even buy my own boxes. I do however get a credit for when someone signs up using the link that is assigned to me, but that is not unique to the brand ambassadors. I believe everyone has their own personal link that has an account with Dia&Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment